To line your eyes is the best way to emphasize your eyes and create the shape you desire. You can do it in a bold way for a statement eye or in a subtle way to make the eyelashes appear thicker, like for example create a cat eye look or just tightline. There are so many possibilities to what to do with an eyeliner and there are so many different ways and products to do it with. Here I show you 6 products/ways to do it!
1. Liquid eyeliner. With this one you create a sharp eyeliner, you can choose how big impact you want by varying the size of the line, from a more subtle flick to a full on cat eye. My favorite is Precision Eyeliner from FACE Stockholm
2. Gel eyeliner. With this one you also create a sharp eyeliner but you have a bit of room to make it softer. Before it dries you can take a cotton swab and soften up the outer line. But I mostly use it to create sharp eyeliner looks. I normally use Blacktrack from MAC with the brush 210 also from MAC.
3. If you don´t have an eyeliner for example you can create one from a powder eyeshadow! Use a little bit of water on your brush and pick up some product from the edge of the eyeshadow (it´s important it´s on the edge not to seal your eye shadow since you used water on the brush), then line your eyes. It also gives a sharp eyeliner look. In the picture is Carbon from MAC but you can use any that you have.
4. Take a loose pigment or eyeshadow, add some water to the brush, pick up some product and use it ot to create a beautiful line. This is my favorite way to get a colored eyeliner! There are also products to use instead of water to make it waterproof if needed! In the picture is a pigment from MAC called Grape.
5. You can also create a soft lining of the eye. I use this technique a lot especially during the day. Take an eyeshadow that is on the darker side, use an angel brush (I normally use 266 from MAC) and line your eyes. To create an even softer look use a cotton swab or brush to soften up the line. If you want to you can create a soft flick on the outer corner which I really like to do since it creates more of a shadow so from the front your outer lashline and the area next to looks fuller and more "lashy".
6. An eyepencil can be easier to use if you are not used to eyeliner since it´s more forgiving. Actually you can make this into a sharp OR a soft look. Line your eye with the pen, sharpen the line with an angle brush, use a cotten swab to correct misstakes if you want a sharp look. For a soft look either line your eye with a pen and soften up the line with a brush or cotton swab or use the angle brush to pick up some color from the eye pencil and the create a soft line with it. I only use an eyepencil for a soft lining of the eye because I prefer a gel eyeliner for the sharper look One reason is that it´s not as long lasting as a liquid or gel eyeliner. You can though seal the pen with an eyeshadow to "lock" it into place. This you do by taking a powder eyeshadow on your angle brush and press it onto the line you made with the eye pencil. One of my favorite eye pencils is Prunella from MAC as seen in the picture.